Friday, September 12, 2014

Melbourne Spring Fashion Week Wrap-Up

Boy, did I love that Melbourne Spring Fashion Week that just closed last week. I'm not saying that because I was one of the few who got invited to the shows, sitting in front row at the majestic town hall, or alongside an intimate group of media and celebrities in the Hub, among other venues. I just loved it all: the town hall shows, which were a true mix of fashion and theatre. (At Runway 3, designers including Akira, Megan Park and Yeojin Bae displayed their garments while women of varying cultures and instrument prowess provided the backdrop.) I really discovered new ways to wear fashion, as happened at the Hub's Nike Sports Luxe show, where Nike tech products were paired with sports luxe designers - gosh, I wanted that Michael Lo Sordo pink trench. Then there were also the curated events - I saw sparkly Belluccio frocks at Eve nightclub, and Project: StageLabel's mix of up-and-coming designers at Mon Bijou. And don't get me started on the emerging designers and their way-out concoctions. All in all, MSFW offered colour, pizzazz and not a little excitement about spring shopping. Ladies (and gents), get out your wallets...


MSFW ambassador Ashley Hart 





 





Above photos all by Lucas Dawson





  
 


 Fashion fixtures Kristine Walker and Richard Nylon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.